What is a Relational Database Management System?
Full form of RDBMS is –Relational Database Management System.
Relational Database Management System
- Relational DataBase Management System representation of tables only.
- A relational database refers to a database that stores data in a structured format, using rows and columns.
- In RDBMS we can store the data in the form of tables.
- Using this RDBMS we can create databases easily.
- We can insert the data easily.
- We can modify the data easily.
- Using the RDBMS we can perform all operations on the table.
- In a relational database One table contains columns.
- The table may contain 1 column or no. of columns.
- One table must contain 1 column, without a column we can’t create a table.
- Which database we are going to be created regarding that we can create the table?
- The table name must be matched to our database name.
- The database may be emp, student. Cell shop etc.,
- In columns, we will write the attributes of the databases.
Table definition :
- Collection of records, the record is nothing but a collection of columns of attributes.
- Using this RDBMS entire data we keep it in the form of tables.
- The table contains the no. of records; every record displays particular database details. One row means one record.
- RDBMS performs one language which is called SQL.
SQL ( Structured Query Language ) :
- Using this SQL, we can create the tables, we can modify the tables, can drop the tables.
- In SQL we have no. of queries for access to the database we can apply the queries on the tables & we get the results.
- The query is nothing but a condition or question to the database.
- This Query is required by the database & executes the query in the database. After executing the query send the result back to the client.