The full form of SDM is Sub Divisional Magistrate. SDM is an administrative officer. Our country is divided into a number of states. States are divided into a number of districts. Districts are divided into subdivisions. These subdivisions are managed and controlled by SDM. SDM is an IAS officer.
Full form of SDM reveals the responsibilities of Sub divisional Magistrate.
Key Responsibility area of SDM
- Vehicle registration
- Function of revenue
- Election based work
- Marriage registration
- Renewal and issue of driving license
- Renewal and issue of arm license
- Issues of certificate like OBC, SC/ST and Domicile.
Candidate is selected on the basis of performance in UPSC Civil Services Exam.
Candidate must have a degree from any university recognized by Indian government. Age of candidate should be between 21 to 30 years . candidate should be mentally and physically fit.
Facilities provided by government to SDM:
- Government provides residence and staff quarter to SDM
- SDM is a VIP that’s why security guards and domestic help like cook and gardeners are provided by the government.
- Official vehicle on government expense.
- A telephone connection on government expense.
- Electricity bills paid by the government.
The job of SDM is very respectful. a lot of candidates appear in UPSC Civil Services Exam. but only a few are selected because the standard of the UPSC Exam is very high. It requires proper preparation for exams and interviews. a candidate should join proper coaching classes conducted by professionals to prepare himself/herself.